Unit Guiding in a foreign language
Are you heading for a new career in tourism?
If you are interested in studying the basics of tour guiding and working in an international environment handling travelers and groups in harbors and airports, please find the details about the Travel Assistant training below.
Target group and requirements
– strong motivation to work in different types of customer servant duties at piers and airports, and escort groups
– previous work experience in the tourism industry or in customer service
– good presentation skills
– proper physical condition as the work requires a great deal of time standing and walking
– readiness for online learning
– good written and oral skills in English and at least one other foreign language (in case the working language is not English)
– basic level of oral and written Finnish
Guiding in a foreign language.
Who can apply
Previous work experience in the tourism industry or in customer service
Duration of studies
September 12th – December 14th, 2023
Application period has ended.
Start of the studies
Orientation to the studies; September 12th and 13th, 2023
We contact you.
ePerusteet (opetussuunnitelman, tutkinnon ja koulutuksen perusteet):
The contents of the training
– Orientation to the studies; September 12th and 13th, 2023
– Basics of the tourism industry
– The work of a Travel Assistant
– First Aid skills
– Responsible tourism
– Customer service skills
– Guiding skills
– The competence demonstration
– The final day of studies; December 14th, 2023
The purpose of the training
– Improve knowledge, skills and attitude which will allow the student to work in the tourism industry
– Build professional networks
– Complete the training and pass the competence demonstration of the unit Guiding in foreign language (opastaminen vieraalla kielellä) and find work opportunities as a free-lance Travel Assistant in the tourism industry.
Application and selection process
Application period: July 3rd – August 14th, 2023
- If you are not unemployed and not a customer of TE Office, please find the application form here:
- In you are an unemployed customer of TE Office/local government pilot on employment (kuntakokeilu), and a customer of TE Office/local government pilot on employment, under risk of being unemployed, please find the application form here.
Representatives of Perho Culinary, Tourism and Business College make a pre-selection based on the applications. The applicants who meet the requirements will be invited to a face-to-face interview. It is therefore important that in the application the applicant describes the suitability and motivation to work as a Travel Assistant. The interviews will be organized by Perho Culinary, Tourism and Business College (Helsinki) at week 35, 2023.
Perho Culinary, Tourism and Business College
firstname.lastname@example.org, 0400 520335