The student ought to have a valid passport when traveling to countries other than the Nordic countries. A visa is not needed in traveling to countries of the EU or EEC.

The school’s accident insurance

The school’s accident insurance covers the health care costs for accidental injuries occurring in the workplace or on the way from home to workplace and back. The student is responsible for obtaining a sufficient leisure time insurance and travel insurance and also for getting the European Health Insurance card from the Finnish Social Insurance Institution. The card entitles its holder to medically necessary health care while staying in another country of the EU, EEC or in Switzerland. Each country provides health care services according to their own legislation and health care system. The card can be obtained from Social Insurance Institution offices and is granted to all persons who are entitled to Finnish social security. The card is free of charge.

The passport, visa, insurances, social security and travel arrangements will be discussed in more detail in the International Affairs tutoring lessons and in the training sessions for students going abroad.

Ask more:

Pia Vainikka, Study Service Officer
pia.vainikka (at)
+358 40 1478 546

The Student Affairs Office
hakutoimisto (at)