Restaurant Cook – Culinary Expert
Competence area: Food Services
Restaurant Cooks are trained to plan and carry out food preparation and customer service tasks in the hospitality industry. To become a culinary expert we offer full-time day program studies, and work-based studies. There is no tuition fee.
Restaurant Cooks are culinary experts, who have completed the competence area of food services. They are qualified to work at various tasks in the hospitality field like hotels and lounges, cruise ships, restaurants with different concepts, cafés and catering, tourism service companies or various institutions.
A Restaurant Cook knows how to prepare tasty, nutritious food comprehensively, taking special diets into account. They also know how to service food for individual customers or a larger group of customers.
The Restaurant Cooks work in a sales-minded, customer service-oriented and quality-conscious manner profitably, productively, and responsibly while operating in compliance with hygiene requirements and sustainable operating practices.
Studies in the nutshell
1/ The full-time study program
- The study program includes practical lessons in both demonstration kitchens and service classrooms.
- The studies include training periods in Perho Culinary, Tourism & Business College’s teaching restaurant Perho and in various restaurants in Helsinki metropolitan area or abroad.
- Campus: Töölö, Perhonkatu 11, FI-00100 Helsinki
2/ The work-based studies
- Implementation of the studies takes place as an apprenticeship or a training agreement with your employer.
- On average, two monthly school days at Töölö Campus, Perhonkatu 11, FI-00100 Helsinki.
In the studies you will
- learn to work in a multi-cultural team and to prepare a variety of food according to gastronomic requirements
- get the quality skills and knowledge of sustainability required in the hospitality field
- polish your eye for aesthetics
- develop your already good language and interaction skills with the vocabulary of culinary context.
Restaurant Cook / Culinary Expert – further information
Perho Culinary, Tourism & Business College
Töölö Campus, Perhonkatu 11, FI-00100 Helsinki
from 9.30 am to 2 pm
Jenni Heikkilä, Student Counselor
+358 (0) 040 774 7622
jenni.heikkila (at) perho.fi