Residence Permit

Residence Permit for a Degree or a Vocational Qualification Studies

You can apply for a residence permit for studying when you have received a study place in a Finnish Educational Institution. Your studies must lead to a degree or a Vocational Qualification (occupation).

You must also have sufficient means for studying in Finland (560 euros per month or 6,720 euros per year) and a valid and sufficient health insurance. Apply for a residence permit using the form OLE_OPI via the e-service.

Citizens of EU/EEA member states

If you are a citizen of an EU member state, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, you are not required to have a residence permit for Finland.

  • If you are staying in Finland longer than 3 months, you must register your stay.

Residence Permit – Further information