Competence area: Food Services
Perho Culinary, Tourism & Business College provides English-taught vocational education of Restaurant Cook. Restaurant Cooks are trained to plan and carry out food preparation and customer service tasks in the catering sector.
- Restaurant Cook – full-time day program studies for foreigners or Finns who live in Finland or EU countries
- Restaurant Cook – work-based studies for in Finland living foreigners
Restaurant Cook can work in a sales-minded, customer service oriented and quality conscious manner. They can work profitably, productively, and responsibly while operating in compliance with hygiene requirements and sustainable operating practices.
A Restaurant Cook who has completed the qualification knows how to carry out cooking tasks at restaurants or in public sector units with different business ideas or missions. They learn how to prepare tasty, nutritious, and wholesome food, taking special diets into account and how to serve food as individual plated dishes or dishes for a large group of customers.
Restaurant Cook in profession
A restaurant cook who has completed the competence area of food services is qualified to work at lunch or dinner restaurants as well as in the catering sector, staff canteens, cafés, catering companies, freight and passenger ships as well as institutional kitchens.
1/ Full-time day program
For foreigners or Finns who live in Finland or EU countries
Qualification: Vocational Qualification in Restaurant and Catering Services
Content of the qualification >>
Competence area: Food Services
Degree title: (Restaurant) Cook
Scope of qualification: 180 competence points
Stucture of studies: Full-time day program
Teaching language: English
Duration on studies: 1–1,5 years on average
Tuition: There is no tuition fee
Campus: Töölö, Perhonkatu 11, 00100 Helsinki
Entry requirements on the full-time day program
- you have upper secondary qualification/ previous general upper secondary education but, do not already have vocational qualification, a degree or a study place
- sufficient level of English language skills
- passed aptitude test
- If your educational documents are issued in a language other than English or Finnish, documents must be translated into English or Finnish by an authorised translator. Original educational documents must also be submitted.
Full-time day program starting in August 2021
- The next application period for the full-time studies of Restaurant Cook is from 15 February to 31 March 2021.
- We will publish the applying link on 15 Feb.
Aptitude test / interview
- 26.-27.4.2021 (studies starting in August 2021)
Selected Restaurant Cook applicants will be invited to aptitude test based on their application and supporting documents, including educational certificates and motivation letter. When selecting applicants to interviews we consider an advantage if you are a Finn or a Foreigner who live in Finland or in an EU country and lack vocational qualification, degree or a study place. The aptitude test is organized at our college.
2/ Work-based studies of Restaurant Cook
For in Finland living foreigners
For foreigners living in Finland Restaurant Cook studies are also available by apprenticeship or training agreement.
Restaurant Cook – further information
Perho Culinary, Tourism & Business College
Töölö campus, Perhonkatu 11, 00100 Helsinki
Admission and Student Services
hakutoimisto (at) perho.fi
from 9 am to 2 pm